7 Social Media Scheduling Tools to Save You a Ton of Time
If you’ve been blogging for any amount of time, you know the importance of social media to grow your blog and increase your traffic. But something all Bloggers learn fairly quickly is social media takes up a lot of time! And here we thought we’d have more free time as Bloggers than we did in our 9-5’s!
Well, don’t worry… thanks to some awesome folks who have created amazing resources for scheduling and automating our social media presence, we still can!
Instagram can become very time consuming as it doesn’t allow third-party posting. Instagram is also incredibly important to engaging with your audience visually, so we can’t ignore it! Here are some tools for keeping up with Instagram without getting overwhelmed.
Planoly is a great resource for Instagram for a multitude of reasons. Not only does it allow you to schedule your posts out, you can also reorganize your posts for better organization and appearance, and like and comment from the app or from your computer easily.
Planoly lets you review your previous posts to see what posts are doing well and what post times are the best for your niche.
When your scheduled post is ready to go out, you will simply get a push notification on your phone. The caption you scheduled will be automatically copied to your clipboard, including your hashtags! Easy Peasy!
- Easy to use for scheduling Instagram reminders
- Calendar view makes for easy planning
- Stats in calendar view show you best times to post for your niche
- Easily arrange Instagram posts to be more branded and consistent
- Simplifies Instagram posts by copying the content you already wrote to your clipboard
Similar to Planoly, Buffer allows you to schedule out your Instagram posts. This platform will also allow you to schedule out other social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. The setup isn’t as user-friendly as Planoly and you have to upgrade to the Pro version to get access to the calendar, but it’s still a great platform for scheduling out your posts and reminders.
- Allows you to post the same or similar content across multiple platforms
- Sends reminder to post to Instagram and copies content to clipboard
- Does not offer a calendar feature in the free version
- Will only connect 4 platforms in the free version. Must upgrade to get access to additional platforms
I am in L-O-V-E with BoardBooster! Pinterest was my biggest struggle when I started promoting my blog. I knew it was important, but keeping up with pinning and re-pinning 30+ times a day was time-consuming. Luckily I discovered BoardBooster and it has saved me a ton of time!
BoardBooster is very user-friendly, which makes me love it that much more! Simply sync your Pinterest Account with your BoardBooster account, tell BoardBooster how often you want to post, and start Pinning! Before BoardBooster I was spending a couple hours each day to link my Pins and find Pins I wanted to re-pin. Now, I set aside a couple hours each week to schedule all my posts for the upcoming week! This little tool alone saved me about 12 hours every week!
My favorite feature about BoardBooster is their Looping tool! Simply put, BoardBooster reviews the Boards you’ve synced to recycle your old posts. The system will clean up your boards by deleting old Pins and re-pinning them for you! I have seen twice as much activity on my Pinterest page in a short period of time just by scheduling and looping my posts! Again, I L-O-V-E BoardBooster!
- User-friendly platform that syncs with your Pinterest account
- Schedules out your Pins and re-pins in the times you specify
- Looping feature cleans up your boards and recycles old pins for increased activity
- Easily review reports of the activity on each of your pins
- Schedule posts without having to leave Pinterest
Similar to BoardBooster, Tailwind allows you to schedule your Pins at specified times! In addition to working with Pinterest, Tailwind also works with Instagram to schedule post reminders! And if you’re a fan of Pinterest Group Boards, you’ll love Tailwind’s ‘Tribes,’ where you can add members to a Tribe and they can schedule their posts within the group.
- Easy calendar view to see scheduled pins and posts
- Tribes give an easy way to schedule pins and repin from Tailwinds
- Plugin that allows you to add a ‘Tailwind’ button to your Pinterest account for easy scheduling between platforms
- Ability to integrate Instagram and schedule post reminders
RecurPost is a nifty scheduling and automation tool that is a bit different than many of the platforms out there! In addition to scheduling out posts to Facebook & Twitter, RecurPost will post to Facebook Pages and Group Boards you manage as well!
With this tool, you have the ability to create a library of posting categories and schedule your posts based on your category, instead of a posting free-for-all! The best part – you can do a lot for free! While RecurPost does have a pro version, there’s a lot you can do on the free platform, so no need to spend the big bucks!
- Allows you to easily schedule posts to your Pages and Groups on Facebook
- Gives you the ability to separate your posts by categories instead of posting the same information to all platforms
- Calendar feature allows you to see your scheduled posts
- The free version allows you to do a lot more than many other platforms
Ahh IFTTT, how I love you! IFTTT stands for If This Then That, and it really is that simple! Here’s how it works…
First, you want to choose a service. For this example, I am going to choose WordPress as that’s the platform I use for my blog. To find a service, simply search for a specific service, or click discover to see some services and suggestions!
Once you pick a service, just tell it what you want it to do. For example, for my WordPress service, I want it to post to my Facebook Page when I publish a new post! This process is called creating an ‘Applet’ and it’s super easy!
You can do this with social media as well! I like to work with an Instagram Post Reminder to schedule out my posts and connect IFTTT to my Instagram account and have my posts automate through the funnel I’ve set up. Here’s an example of how I set up my IFTTT social media funnel:This may look a little confusing, but it’s fairly simple! I just tell my IFTTT Applet for Instagram to post to Twitter, Facebook, and Google+, then I tell Pinterest to do the same! Done and Done! You can customize this further if you want to add an image or link as well! Like I said, I love IFTTT – especially because it’s FREE!
- Use IFTTT with other schedules (like those for Instagram and Pinterest) to automate posts to other social platforms.
- Set up automated posts to social media from your WordPress platforms
- Applets available to automate MailChip and autogenerate emails when you publish a new blog post
- Free service that will consolidate a lot of hours you would have spent on social media
Sniply isn’t necessarily a social media scheduler however it is important in using Social Media to increase your subscribers! With Sniply, you can add a call to action (in other words, something you want your readers to do) to your scheduled social media posts.
From your social media dashboard (seen below) you can create snips, which are your call to action buttons! Add the call to action to any social media post using a short HTML code. You can then track your codes to see how many people clicked and subscribed… simple!
While Sniply itself isn’t a scheduler, it can be used to add the Call to Action HTML into your scheduled posts, offering a new way to get more subscribers on your site! How neat!
- Allows you to add a ‘Call to Action’ button to your social media posts
- User-friendly and simple for Bloggers at all stages
- Useful tool for gaining subscribers
- Can be used with social media schedulers
And there you go – 7 social media scheduling tools that will save you a ton of time! I hope you find these resources immensely useful in your blogging journey… I know I have!
Do you have a favorite resource for saving time on social media posting? Share it in the comments below!